|EdNews You Can Use- 23 June 2012|
Teach For America is Proud to Partner with J.P. Morgan
Joining Teach For America before pursuing a career in business will provide you with the management experience and skills that will help you have a greater impact in the business world. By committing two years to teach in a low-income community, you will have an unparalleled opportunity to assume tremendous responsibility—managing a classroom of students, setting ambitious goals, and inspiring your students to meet those goals. Through this experience, alumni say that they developed invaluable communication and time-management skills that are highly transferable to a career in business.
- Two-year deferrals for students who are accepted into both Teach For America and J.P. Morgan’s Investment Bank Analyst Program.
- J.P. Morgan mentor for corps members during their two-year corps experience.
- Summer internship at J.P. Morgan between first and second year of corps experience for those who participate in the deferral partnership.
- J.P. Morgan recruits Teach For America corps members for summer internship opportunities. (J.P. Morgan will treat Teach For America as a ‘core recruiting school’).
- Candidates must be offered a position within one of J.P. Morgan’s participating business groups & regional offices:
- Investment Banking Analyst, Research Analyst
- New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Houston, Dallas
- Candidates must meet all of Teach For America’s minimum application requirements.
Deferral Partnership Details
- Once a candidate has been accepted by Teach For America and has a full-time offer from one of the participating J.P. Morgan business groups, the candidate must inform J.P. Morgan that s/he would like to apply for a two-year deferral through the
J.P. Morgan – Teach For America partnership.
- Teach For America applicants have two weeks to confirm whether they will join the corps after they are notified of acceptance. Deferral candidates that require extra time to coordinate their deferral may e-mail Teach For America’s admissions team (email@example.com) to request a decision extension.